In-App Purchase: Banking and Tax Agreement

For in-App Purchase, do we really have to submit and complete a U.S. tax form, to fulfill paid agreement? and how many days it has been processed Thank you

Hi Francis, Personal account or Business Account to? If hindi ka taga-US, you need to submit the W-8BEN for the US Tax Form instead of the W9.

Hi Michie^, thank you for the response. This is for a business account pero hindi ako legal role, (dev only), kaya hindi visible sa homepage namin yung agreement. Sa HK ang head office, so we just have to fill in yung Contact, Bank, and Tax? (of HK office?). Pasensya na at first time at i-guide namin si legal account user^

@francis

Yes if HK ang business then contact, bank and tax should be sa hongkong. Lalo na ung bank kasi doon lalabas ung cash out niyo.

Actually maski sino na resposible sa legal and finance, doesn’t necessarily mean nasa HK. Basta details nila kung saan sila icocontact.

I have update my message above, iba ung nasa isip ko nung una, pero if you are not from the US, you need to submit the W-8BEN (if individual) or W-8BEN-E (if corporation) form (Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner) as the US Tax Form. All developers are required to submit a US Tax Form, iba lang depending sa location or type of developer account.

Sa Tax Information Section, if hindi ka pa nakaset up ng Tax, you will see na naka-blue button (Set Up) pa ung U.S. Tax Forms. Click on it set up and then sasagutan mo lang.

Pero once meron ng naka-submit/set up, white button (View) na siya.

Ang tricky part na madalas confusing para sa iba is
US Taxpayer Identification Number (leave it blank pag wala naman ung entity or individual neto)

And

Part II: Claim of Tax Treaty Benefits
Based sa Apple:

“Under our current model, application sales by non-U.S. developers on the App Store are not subject to U.S. tax withholding or reporting. Therefore, completion of Part II - Claim of Tax Treaty Benefits, is not required in order to certify your foreign status. In addition, you are not required to provide a U.S. taxpayer identification number (TIN) in Part I (line 8) when when certifying foreign status.”

Fill up all the other details and check necessary checkboxes and submit. Antay ka lang ng ilan days that should do it. In case may issue, babalikan naman kayo ni Apple regarding sa form mo. :slight_smile:

Thank you Michie for the prompt response^^ at least I could ask the ff. in advance. Last question, would like to ask if we should request first for “Sign a paid agreement” before we providethe ff. info above . . . //Thank you_^

If i’m correct, if wala ka pang details na sinasubmit eg. Contact Info, Bank Info, Tax Info (yung blue button na setup pa lang), wala ka pang available agreement or blank lang ung agreement mo. So start ka by answering all of that first and it should generate the proper paid agreement.

And ung signing is parang agreeing lang with the agreement.

Noted and will apply this, thank you Michie^

yw francis! :slight_smile: Update mo kami incase may namiss out ako sa procedure or may kakaiba kang naexperience. :slight_smile: Good luck! :slight_smile: